Hi blog readers, Ketan Babaria here from the PayPal Merchant Services team. Im excited to announce our new payment button designer for those of you selling online with PayPal Website Payments Standard.
While youve always been able to create a variety of payment buttons (such as Buy Now, Add to Cart, Subscribe, etc.), weve recently added several powerful new features based directly on your feedback.
Among many innovations, weve added an inventory tracking feature that lets you set a products inventory level for each button you create. Once the inventory becomes low, PayPal sends you an email reminding you that your product is almost out of stock. You can also choose to automatically disable your button when inventory has been depleted. Its a great way to make sure that you dont oversell items that are not in stock.
Additional improvements to the button designer include:
- A new, easy-to-use editor with step-by-step instructions for creating all types of payment buttons
- The ability to assign multiple drop-down options per button (e.g., size, color, etc.)
- Flexible pricing based on the options described above (e.g., charging $8 for size medium t-shirts and $10 for size large)
- Button customization (e.g., add credit card logos below the button, make the button a smaller or larger in size, etc.)
- Easy-to-use encryption to protect your buttons from fraudulent changes
Once you create a button, the item details are managed on PayPals website so you dont have to change the HTML on your site. Just make the changes on the ?My saved buttons section and they will automatically be reflected on your website.
The new button designer is available to merchants worldwide and there are no additional fees to use these new features. If you currently use the button designer, please leave a comment and let me know what you think of the improvements. And if you have not used the button designer before, I encourage you to give it a try ? its simple and fast to create payment buttons for your website. To start using the new button designer, go to this site.