Here are the signs to watch out for with HYIPs (and can be applied to some scam SURFs), events usually proceed in the following manner:
- The Admin adds new plans (because he needs more money coming in before he runs), especially plans in the upper stratosphere to get the BIG bucks in with a large daily ROI (I've seen this over and over and over) and/or
- The Admin creates new promotions in order to get more money in (you know, prizes and such).
- For some odd reason payments stay long in PENDING status, more than what is usual in the past, or rules are changed from say from 24 hrs to pay to 2-3 business days or to even 7 to 9 business days. Red flags!
- Admin pays out selectively. Small payments. To monitors and bloggers to keep them happy and unsuspecting.
- There is a server crash or payments stop and Admin is gone! Folks in forums complain, specutate, bitch, to no avail.
- Detractors are fed upon with a frenzy... and in time folks start to wake up to the fact that ... Admin is gone, site is gone, they have lost.
- Finally the various forums like MMG, CIF, ASA, move that thread to the scam/closed area.
- Admin opens a new HYIP or SURF, and the cycle begins again. So there you go!